Friday, March 25, 2011

FireStar

 Trained to be an assassin with her microwave manipulating mutant powers, Firestar grew to be a popular hero. She spent years as a New Warrior and Avenger, retired during Marvel's 
Civil War and has joined the New Allies.


Firestar first appeared in the television show "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends."  She was in the first episode, entitled "The Triumph of the Green Goblin," which aired in 1981. Her first comics appearance in continuity was in the Uncanny X-Men #193 (5/1985)




The making of Firestar was lots of fun from the start. She was my first female custom.  Somehow I had never tried customizing a female and curious about the challenge between a male and female, so I tackle the challenge and decided to try one.


 Firestar was a character that always cut my attention mainly because of her colors, the yellow and black with the fire was very attractive to me. The first step was to find a base figure, not only was i short on Marvel Legends female body's but i  had several Danna Troy in my fodder that i paid $2.99 after a coupon discount, so it was an easy decision to go with a  DCUC Donna Troy base with Katma Tui arms and legs..

I began by  removing Dona's lazo and belt. Now I'm  ready to paint! the color of her skin is tan and firestar is a bit lighter, so i used Model Master skin tone tint base paint to make her skin lighter, Tamiya flat yellow paint on her body, the fire was a bit more complicated than i anticipated, i used Tamiya as well, but i mixed orange, red and yellow to accomplish the fire look. I will be honest with you dough, the fire did not come out right until the third try, so that was a challenge for me. on her face i used Tamiya clear orange as well as on her hair.


Well... the difference between the male and female customs is not much.... the female bodies are petite, therefore this makes it a little bit more challenging to paint the details, but overall I'm very happy with the end results. Let me know what you guys think....









No comments:

Post a Comment